Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blueberry Stains and Yearbook Memories

I've been cross-eyed from all the technical jargon of picking up a website and moving it from one server to another, so I needed to take a break. The fun parts of the web stuff have felt a little like high school yearbook class ... photos... layout ... putting things together. But the last two days have been more like highschool trig and algebra. Code. Numbers. Bleh! I'm all hunched over like Quasimodo and my fingers scrunched from being glued to the computer.

So what does a girl do? She bakes. Most people would consider that more work. And maybe it is ... but there is delicious goodness produced at the end. And at least I'm standing at my countertop instead of sitting at my desk so I can give my numb butt a rest.

I have blueberry juice stained fingernails ... flour and sugar all over the floor ... and the jitters from all the coffee I drank this afternoon to wake me out of my computer coma while baking up a storm. Coming right out the oven ... some made-from-scratch blueberry scones with bowl-lickin-good citrus glaze. Photos, recipe and kitchen mess soon to be seen on www.InnTheKitchen.com.

Now, with my sweet tooth satisfied ... back to the code and numbers ...

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and really enjoy your style of writing. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

    Nancy Landa
    http://www.nancylanda.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! :o) More stuff to come. Also check out www.InnTheKichen.com

    ReplyDelete