With only 12 days until Christmas ... we've got 12 fun holiday questions for you to get to know your Innkeepers. The first is from Rachelle at Tremain Street Cottages.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I've been trying to do some creative eco-gift wrap including using scarves, maps, and the comic section of the newspaper. Gift bags are great for re-using.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real Tree. No storage. Great mulch after the holidays.
3. When do you put up the tree and when do you take it down? The Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's become a fun trip down memory lane as our ornaments are a collection we've grown through all our our travels and big life events. Everything from my 5-year-old thumb print reindeer to a handmade ornament from Sorrento, Italy. We take it down the weekend after New Years.
4. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Mmm ... both. Depends on my mood.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? The most memorable was a white jean jacket with gold embroidery. I coveted that jacket in the store window for 2 months. I actually still have it in my closet as a "memento." You never know ... a lot of things come back in style eventually (wink).
7. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. I still cry at the end. Something about people being nice and doing something thoughtful for another. Seems rare these days.
8. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies ... with hot coffee or cocoa to dip them in. And my Grandmother's Tourtiere
9. Favorite Christmas song? Winter Wonderland, Rockin Around The Christmas Tree
10. Angel on the tree top or a star? Blinking Star
11. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning: We used to stay up all night Christmas Eve watching holiday movies and then open gifts at midnight. Christmast morning we'd have a great big breakfast and then go visit family.
12. Favorite ornament theme or color? Traditional Red & Green.