Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Feast & Fixin's

I feel like I just gained a whole week of my life back. For the longest time I thought THIS past week was Thanksgiving. Thank goodness I was set straight before putting a turkey in the oven!

If you haven't done your T-day shopping or if you are just browsing for some more holiday cooking ideas, I've wrapped up our best holiday recipes below and included one new one that will probably blow your mind.


STARTERS & APPETIZERS






MAIN DISHES


Peanut Butter Turkey Baste
by Magnolia Inn

Now, this one was the WOW-BLOW-MY-MIND turkey tip for me and one that we have not yet previously posted. Betty, Innkeeper at the Magnolia Inn, shared that they always smother their turkey in peanut butter. Yes, I said peanut butter. I love peanut butter. I'm even a big fan of Elvis' PB & Banana sandwich, but I would have never thought to baste a turkey with it! According to Betty, the peanut butter seals in all the juices making the turkey extremely moist. I'll have to try this one!



SIDE DISHES



Crazy Easy Cranberry Sauce
by Tremain Street Cottages



BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING

If you have family over and are planning to make breakfast too,
then definitely take a look at these pancake recipes.


Apple-Puffed Pancakes
by The Captain's Inn

Leander Pancake Wraps
by The Farnsworth House

Sweet Potato Pancakes
by Mount Dora Historic Inn

###


No comments:

Post a Comment