Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie In The Park & Mother's Day

This post is going to be like my past weekend. Cram in as much as possible in not nearly enough space/time to do it all in.

It started out relaxing enough ... as weekend's should. Movie-in-the-park picnic. This is one of the things I love about our little town. On every 2nd Friday, everyone brings out their camp chairs and blankets and packs a basket and cooler to head to Donnelly Park for a movie. Kind of like a drive in ... without the cars. The way the park slopes down toward the lake makes a nice natural amphitheater where everyone has a good view. Even though it's May, the weather cooperated and gave us a nice cool breeze off the lake. Thankfully too, the bugs have not emerged yet from their Winter sleep.

The flick was Wall-E. Entertaining. Cute. But glad I saw it in the park where I had other entertainments such as wine, pizza and star gazing.

The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind after that. I'm glad I had a moment to steal away and have some breakfast with my family for Mother's Day. We met downtown at the new Cuban restaurant. Cuban breakfast was new to me ... loved it! We all tried a tortilla espanada. It was a "gift from Spain" as the owner described it.

Pretty much a savory pancake ... eggs, potatoes, red peppers, onions, Spanish sausage. My step father is Latin and explained that a "tortilla" in most Latin cultures includes scrambled eggs. It was served with toasted cuban bread with a light mojo garlic and butter sauce.

Delicious.



After that it was back to work.

It's odd that I had a "Monday" today relax and catch up. Very weird to call Monday relaxing.

The kicker was that I "had" to get a manicure and pedicure today. Had to.

Okay.

Twist my arm.

Make me.

The irony is that it so I can vacuum tomorrow ... YUP! Only, it's for a commercial. Not at our Inn. I WISH I got paid the same to vacuum our Inn. That would give cleaning a whole new meaning.

Ah well. Off to bed to rest up for my vacuuming.


--Rachelle
www.TremainStreetCottages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment