Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beer ... with Breakfast ...


So, it's been one of those crazy busy weeks where I just had to pop one open at breakfast.

(Pause)

Crickets ...

Gasps ...

SIKE!

Just kidding!

I had a fun afternoon in the kitchen last week shooting a couple of recipes with my friend Jim Hobart and his fancy schmancy camera. One of those recipes was deliberately paired with beer.

I'm not usually a beer drinker. I'm more of a wine kinda gal.

Specifically red.

Pinot. To be exact.

Anyway. The recipe is an apple and goat cheese omelet paired with a Brooklyner Weisse. I LOVE goat cheese, so I think that's what sold me on it. It was from the Brooklyn Brewery and I was inspired to give it a try after a visit from our friends Tom & Gayle. Read more about their visit here.

Too my shock and surprise ... the omelet was FANTASTIC with beer! Wow.

Try it for yourself. Test out the recipe posted on my other blog, Inn The Kitchen.

--Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment