Saturday, August 16, 2008

Don't Forget Your Toothbrush

Ah ... the only thing better than going on a trip ... is the anticipation of it! I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoys and delights in packing a suitcase. Where as Brian might wait until the last minute (such as an hour before we have to leave for the airport) I really like to take my time starting a week or two in advance. Planning the makeup and wardrobe for the story I have playing out in my head in some place far, far and away. All the tinsy little travel sized bits of lotion and soaps. I get all giddy just thinkin' about it.

As Brian and the other hard-working Innkeepers of Mount Dora are fastidiously getting ready for our Florida Highwaymen Festival ... I'm preparing to get the heck out of dodge. Not very fair, I know. I'm actually disappointed that I'm going to miss the Highwaymen Festival after learning so much about them this month. I've become a big fan. However, my leaving in amidst of mayhem is for a good cause ... a wedding!

During my packing ritual, I thought it might be handy to share with you some tips for packing for your next getaway ... to Mount Dora perhaps! I know the Innkeepers here go above and beyond to make sure their guests have the comforts and conveniences of home. But if you get giddy about packing like I do, check out my next post to find out what's in my suitcase ...

--Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment