Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fall Flavored Coffee

I can't survive without my coffee in the morning. When you've just woken up, it's like wrapping yourself in a warm comforting blanket to ease into the day. I've recently gone to drinking "naked" coffee ... no cream and no sugar. It was a simple way for me to cut some calories. The bummer is that all the yummy flavored coffee is mostly artificial and it's difficult to find flavored organic/free trade coffees. So, a good friend of mine recently taught me this little trick to make my coffee a little more tasty.


Cinnamon Coffee:
When making your coffee as usual, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the grounds in the brew basket. Voila! It's really that easy!


After trying that one, I experimented a little this weekend with the following ...


Pumpkin Spice Coffee:

Make your coffee as usual, add a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.


Ginger Snap Coffee:
Make your coffee as usual, add a 1/2 teaspoon of allspice and a 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment