Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's in your suitcase?

Here's my list of travel items that I don't leave home without:

1) Power Pixies. These are ready packs of Airborne that you can just pour onto your tongue and go. No water needed. Instant vitamin-rich immune boost. Don't leave home without it.

2) Honey House Bee Bar. Since the requirements for liquids have become so strict at airports, this is the perfect solution to moisturize your hands and still make it past security with no problem. I pick these up at our local store, Noni. Check it out at ... Honey House .

3) Crocs. They're comfortable. Anti-microbial. Slip on and off easily for getting through security and for kicking back and getting comfortable on the plane. And NOW they come in fashionable styles!

4) Burt's Bees Peppermint Lip Balm. No dry chapped lips plus fresh minty breath!

5) Giovanni's biodegradable towelettes. This is my favorite eco-friendly travel product. It's organic. It's biodegradable. And with organic essential oils such as peppermint, grapefruit or lavender it's a refreshing break when you're on the road. You can usually pick these up at your local health food store.

6) Tea. Nothing comforts me or calms my nerves more than a cup of tea. And it seems the only type offered by restaurants and airports are plain old black tea. I like a little variety for my moods, so I stuff a zip lock baggie with a menagerie of my favorite green, oolong, and herbal teas. Hot water not included.

7) Homemade sandwich and snacks. Because airport food is just plain yucky.

8) Ginger Chews. These spicy little treats help settle my stomach and alleviate the pressure on my ears when on a flight. It's also great for motion sickness.

9) An entertaining read. One of the things I look forward to when flying is a couple of hours of uninterrupted time. With our electronic gadgets keeping us so well connected 24-7, it's nice to get an excuse to kick back for a little while and get lost in a book without the guilt of needing to check email or messages.

10) Leave your worries at home. Here is the the ultimate check-list to make sure you haven't forgotten a thing: Don't Forget Your Toothbrush

No comments:

Post a Comment