Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Meet Your Innkeepers: Christopher's Inn

Innside Story with Inez,

Innkeeper at the Christopher's Inn

1) What was your first experience ever staying in a Bed & Breakfast?

Inez: My first experience was in St. Augustine, FL during the annual Christmas tour of B&B's.

2) What did you do before you were an Innkeeper?

Inez: Jack, my husband, was in management for a manufacturing company. I am an R.N. and I still work part-time as an oncology and infusion nurse for a local hospital.

3) What made you decide to want to own a Bed & Breakfast?

Inez: After living in Mount Dora for 20 years, the house was up for sale and we decided it would make a neat B&B since we're in a historic town right next to a park and close walking distance to the downtown and lake. So, we stayed!

4) What is your favorite part about owning a Bed & Breakfast?

Inez: Meeting new people.

5) What is your least favorite thing to do as a B&B owner?

Inez: Looking at empty rooms!

6) How did you decide on your room themes and decor?

Inez: The house is a cross between historic country and Victorian and done in period pieces. One room is named for my daughter, Sheila. One for Shelby, my granddaughter, and the other two rooms after Charlotte and Jacqueline, my nieces that grew up in this house.

7) Tell me one thing you love about Mount Dora?

Inez: Small town ambiance.

8) Describe your favorite breakfast creation at Christopher's Inn.

Inez: Pancakes served with fruit and Wisconsin maple syrup.

9) Do you have a recipe I can post?

Inez: I have one for pumpkin bread that will be great for the fall that I'll give you.

10) Tell me one unique thing that most people don't know about you.

Inez: Christopher's Inn is named after Jack's nephew who grew up in this house. For a long time, Christopher was a radio disc jockey and loved country music. He also was an avid reader and would frequently write articles for the newspaper about subjects that were of interest to him. His son, Christopher, is now 17. He is a carbon copy of his father in his mannerisms and looks and I'm sure his father would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment