Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rub the Buddha



Finally ventured out of the house and into the real world after hiding out in my bedroom with the flu. We walked downtown and met some friends and my family at Mount Dora Sushi company. While I didn't quite trust my stomach enough to try sushi just yet, a bowl of rice and some green tea did the trick.

It was nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air. Thankfully, the weather has stayed cool and breezy much longer than normal this Spring. I even needed a light jacket when the sun went down. In Florida. In April. Wow.

The Buddha in the Zen Garden wore a pair of shades and a taunting smile ... as though he was challenging me to having a good time despite the work load I had been going over in my mind to catch up on after being incapacitated for a couple of days. I had to rub his bald head for luck!

The music was relaxing. Live jazz by Cool Dean with interludes of a CD called Freaks & Icons by Dzihan & Kamien between sets. The cd really enchanted me. The songs reminded me of the story I lost myself in this past week ... Twilight ... sort of sexy, yet mysterious and suspenseful. I'm a new fan of Dziahn & Kamien. You can listen for yourself below.



At the end of the night, we walked home. I Love that we can do that. I know I write about that a lot ... I guess I don't want to ever loose my appreciation of it. It's a hard lifestyle to find in Florida, a pedestrian friendly community. Despite the drive sometimes, I'm glad we moved to Mount Dora.




--Rachelle
www.TremainStreetCottages.com

1 comment:

  1. Is this your boyfriend??? Ive never seen a picture of him before.

    ReplyDelete