Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Tea Ice Cream

I found some delicious ice cream in the most unusual place, with an unusual taste at Mount Dora Sushi. Put away the origami and chop sticks and bring out your adventurous taste buds for this one ... green tea and plum wine flavored ice cream. I had to try them both!

I'm an avid tea drinker, and I have to say the ice cream version tasted like a glass of cold sweet tea. Refreshing, slightly sweet ... and green. The texture is a little bit more like a sorbet which makes you feel like it's healthy. Full of those green tea anti-oxidants, right? Our friend's son that was with us thought I was receiving a giant bowl of wasabi. I should have triple-dog dared him to taste it and then delighted in the surprise look on his face! But I doubt he would have believed me anyway ... I'm known for only liking spice in my life, not in my food.

The plum wine flavored ice cream looked and tasted a lot more like cherry to me. Much sweeter than the green tea version. It was good, but the green tea was my favorite.

If you're feeling a little bit more bold, they have a sundae available with a red bean topping. I haven't tried this one yet. I may need a shot of Saki before being bold enough to legumes to my dessert mix. However, if you've tried it ... tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment