Monday, July 14, 2008

How do you beat the summer heat ...

By touring all the ice cream shops in town! I feel like I've melted off enough calories in this summer heat to deserve an ice cold treat. Our little town of Mount Dora has quite a few eateries offering an array of textures and flavors of probably one of the oldest desserts in the World.

It is said the ancient Greeks used to sell snow cones mixed with fruit and honey as a sweet way to cool down and take a break. (I'd like to have that recipe!) Well, we now have more flavors than any one person can name or taste on their own. I've spent this past month doing my own little "tasting tour" of this popular chilled dessert and have picked my favorites to share with you.

For late night treats, there is only one place to go, and that is One Flight Up. After walking the Downtown Mount Dora Art Stroll on a hot and balmy summer night, we needed a place to chill out and regain our energy. I can't think of a better way to do both of those things than to have some espresso chip ice cream. A little caffeine ... a little chocolate ... a little ice ... just what the doctor ordered. All of my favorite things in one little dish.

Here's a little shot of Ana (Innkeeper, Mount Dora Historic Inn) and I indulging a little at One Flight Up.

Stayed tuned for more Ice Cream commentary ...



--Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment