Thursday, March 5, 2009

Making Polynesian Pancakes

This has been an unusually chilly winter. I'm looking forward to our Spring days where it's warm enough that I can show my shoulders ... but not so hot that I'm dripping in perspiration.

In the meantime, here's a little luau for you mouth. It's Jim Tuttle's latest creation at the Mount Dora Historic Inn. For the complete recipe, click through to Polynesian Pancakes.

I gave the recipe a try in my own kitchen this past weekend and pretended like summer was already here.

The luau participants ... a little coconut ... a little crushed pineapple ...
a little citrus ... a whole lot of the feeling of sunshine.

If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain ...

Mash up your 'nanners good!


Jim uses some toasted orange zest from Spice Islands.

Aaah ... spice islands. Hmm.

Sorry, had to take a mental moment at the beach. I'm back now. In absence of the toasted orange zest, I just grated some fresh from my fruit bowl.

Mix together all your dry ingredients, then mix together your wet ingredients, then mix them all together. Kind of like a conga line ... once you get started it just keeps getting bigger as more characters are added.

Once you have somewhat of a mixed, but lumpy batter and your kitchen smells like a sweet suntan lotion, you're ready to make some pancakes. Just ladle, pour and bake as you normally would.




When it starts getting a little bubbly, it's time to flip.
Text Color



Voila! A little drizzled honey, a couple of orange slices ... and you've got your own breakfast beach party in the comfort of your kitchen.



--Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! It is in the 50s today in Wisconsin (practically like summer!) so I am definitely in the mood for a luau.

    ReplyDelete