Innside Story with John & Arthur,
Innkeepers of the Adora Inn
1) What was your first experience ever staying in a bed & breakfast?
John: It was in Lake Tahoe. We were there in the spring for hiking season. I don't quite remember the name of the inn ... something "tub" ... the whole inn wrapped around a fantastic hot tub where everyone would meet at the end of the day to relax and unwind after the day's activities.
2) What did you do before you were a B&B owner?
John: I was in hospitality management in South Beach. Arthur worked as an advertising executive.
3) What made you decide to want to be an Innkeeper?
John: We wanted to work for ourselves and loose the stress of the corporate world.
4) What is your favorite part about owning a B&B?
John: Socializing at breakfast with our guests.
5) What is your least favorite thing to do as a B&B owner?
John: Cleaning bathrooms & folding laundry!
6) How did you decide on your room themes and decor?
John: We purchased persian rugs at an auction and decided to name the rooms after a color found in the rugs for each room.
7) Tell me one thing you love about Mount Dora?
John: The friendly people who live here.
8) Describe your favorite breakfast creation at your B&B?
John: Our Strawberry Fruit Pizza.
9) Sounds delightful! May I post the recipe?
John: Of course.
10) Tell me one unique thing that most people don't know about you.
John: For me, I'm afraid of snakes.
Arthur: I'm an artist. Most of the paintings at our Inn are my creation.