Innside Story with Randy & Margie,
Innkeepers of the Heron Cay Bed & Breakfast
1) What was your first experience ever staying in a bed & breakfast?
2) What did you do before you were an Innkeeper?
Margie: Real Estate Sales
3) What made you decide to want to own a B&B?
Margie: After the kids left, we were empty nesters with a large house to sell. We rented rooms until it was sold ... and here we are 11 years later.
4) What is your favorite part about owning a B&B?
Margie: Meeting the great people that come to stay with us.
5) What is your least favorite thing to do as an innkeeper?
Margie: As with any business owner, the Paperwork!
6) Tell me one thing you love about Mount Dora.
Margie: We love the topography and hills. It's not really like Florida at all. Also, the small town feel.
7) Describe your favorite breakfast creation at your B&B.
Margie: It's called, "Mom's Eggs." It is a fry pan full of fried/steamed eggs cooked over meat, sausage and other delicious breakfast ingredients served as a whole pan slid onto a platter.
8) Sounds like what Brian calls his "Bri Bri Breakfast." May I post the recipe?