Innside Story with Vivian & Robert,
Innkeepers at the Farnsworth House Bed & Breakfast
1) What was your first experience ever staying in a bed & breakfast?
Vivian: Red Rocker Inn, Asheville, NC. The experience brought to life our individual desires to have a B&B business as a lifestyle.
2) What did you do before you were a B&B owner?
Vivian: Robert, very happily, is able to do both. Robert is a professional artist/illustrator from portraits to murals and his creativity flows into the B&B. I was a National Sales Manager for Hanes Brands Underware ... so taking care of people is a continuing joy.
3) What made you decide to want to own a B&B?
Vivian: After our first experience staying at an inn, we started exploring and expanding our knowledge of the B&B world each time envisioning how we would ultimately take the best of what we have experienced to make it our own.
4) What is your favorite part about being an Innkeeper?
Vivian: Spending time with the myriad of personalities that honor us with their visit.
5) What is your least favorite part about being an Innkeeper?
Vivian: Saying goodbye to the new friends we've just made, until we see eachother again.
6) How did you decide on your room themes and decor?
Vivian: We were fortunate to find a home and existing bed & breakfast that was similar to our taste. We have incorporated our personal touches with the ones that were already here and found it was a perfect fit!
7) Tell me one thing you love about Mount Dora.
Vivian: We call Mount Dora "our bubble." You can feel the difference when you come from all directions getting closer to home. The people, the ambiance, the scenery is inviting and refreshing.
8) Describe your favorite breakfast creation at you Inn?
Vivian: It's called, "Before & After." Marinated chicken cut in slices along with cheesey eggs, accompanied by homemade bread/muffins.
9) That sounds delish. Will you let me post the recipe?
10) Tell me one unique thing that most people don't know about you.
Vivian: We're actually space aliens ... just kidding! Just wanted to see if you were actually reading this. Seriously though, all that was previously hidden and "unique" about us has been openly divulged and revealed to all our new friends. This is a lifestyle that both of us enjoy.