- 1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour (pancake mix will also work): 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 2 tsp of baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 fresh sweet potatoes peeled, steamed and mashed (allow to cool). As a substitute you can use a 15 ounce can of yams -- mashed.
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 capfuls of vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of whole milk
Blend all dry ingredients (this must be done first, or it will not carry the flavors).
Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth
Grill on flat non-stick griddle at 350 degrees, about 4 minutes, flip, then about 3 more minutes. Because of the use of sweet potatoes they take longer to cook then regular pancakes.
**Recipe courtesy of Chef Jim, Mount Dora Historic Inn