Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Meet Your Innkeepers: The Grandview Bed & Breakfast


Innside Story with Mel & Andy,

Innkeepers at the Grandview Bed & Breakfast

1) What was your first experience ever staying in a bed & breakfast?

Mel: I worked at a B&B in North Carolina in the early 80's and in the winter I stayed on the property as a manager. Andy & I stayed in an old B&B farm on a trip to Amish Country in the late 80's.


2) What did you do before you were an Innkeeper?

Mel: I worked in restaurants. Andy was in the import/export business with a customer house broker for 30 years in Norfolk, VA.


3) What made you decide to want to own a B&B?

Mel: We both enjoy people and entertaining, so this seemed to be and has been a great fit for us.


4) What is your favorite part about owning a B&B?

Mel: The WONDERFUL people we meet!


5) What is your least favorite thing about owning a B&B?

Mel: Cleaning can be a challenge. But we are fortunate to have a housekeeper.


6) How did you decide on your room themes an decor?

Mel: We decorated the way we've always have -- traditional.


7) Tell me one thing you love about Mount Dora?

Mel: The small town community feel.


8) Describe your favorite breakfast creation at your B&B.

Mel: We make an orange marmalade french toast.


9) I LOVE orange marmalade. In fact, I'm disappointed when I go to a restaurant and all they have is grape or mixed fruit jelly. Must be a southern thing! Will you let me post the recipe?

Mel: Yes.


10) Tell me one unique thing that most people don't know about you.

Mel: Our B&B is the historic William Watt house. He was the inventor of corrugated cardboard which he created to package his oranges.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment