Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple-Puffed Pancake

I think I'm going to have a pancake baking spree. Last month we posted a great recipe for Sweet Potato Pancakes. Another one of my favorite fall flavors is apples and cinnamon. Nothing warms up the house and fills the air with the scent of the season more than those two ingredients. The pancake recipe below is a great combination for a fall breakfast. Provided compliments of the Captain's Inn. This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try it.


Apple-Puffed Pancake


6 eggs

1 1/2 Cups milk

1 cup flour

3 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 butter

3 apples, peeled, thinly sliced

3 tablespoons light brown sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a blender mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar vanilla salt and cinnamon, until well blended.

In a 12-inch fluted glass dish, add butter and place in oven until melted.

Remove from oven; add in single layer apple slices; then pour batter over apples, sprinkle top with brown sugar.

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve immediately with warm maple syrup. Serves 6
I like to accompany this with a slice of grilled ham steak and fresh fruit.

"My sister-in-law Marsha gave me this recipe, and every time I serve it the comment is, 'wonderful!'" -- Tamara at the Captain's Inn.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie I tryed for halloween and it was pretty good for my 1st time!!!
    Ciao Barbara from Rome

    ReplyDelete